Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

How to Stop the Toddler Whine

Everything was going great. I didn't know why two year olds always got such a bad wrap. Terrible twos never existed in our house until about a month ago. It started with a little whimper that turned into a little cry that turned into the obnoxious whine. I think everyone knows what I am referring to. The sound that feels like nails scratching against a wall that makes each hair on your body stand on its end.

This needs to stop, so I came up with a plan.

  1. Be calm and clear
  2. Follow through with disciplinary threats - consistency is key
  3. Make note of situations surrounding whining
  4. Cut any sweets
  5. Be flexible and patient
I'll update everyone on the success of my plan. If anyone has any advice on how to stop the toddler whine, I would love to hear it.

SSMom

No comments:

Post a Comment