Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Ode to the Nap

Sleepy girl,
Sleepy girl,
Go to sleepy
For Momma.


Rest for Momma,
Rest for Momma,
Please rest
For Momma.


Eyes get heavy
Breathing slows down
Body stretches, relaxes
Head nods off.


Wake up, Momma,
I'm not so tired
Wake up, Momma,
I want to play.


~ Emma Riley Sutton

This is exactly how my little one naps. Naps are supposed to be a time of tranquility for baby and mom. Where everything is still and the laundry that is shouting out to be noticed could be done. But my little one likes to be in the know and doesn't want to miss a minute.

My older daughter, Samantha, who is now two and a half cherishes the time to be in her big girl bed. Going for a nap is a joy. Then there is Madison, who is 16 months, likes to take a quick cat nap in her crib wakes in a hysterical cry until I rock her back to sleep where she contiues dreaming on the couch for another short cat nap.

I am always looking for tips and stories to try to figure out an effective nap method, if you would like to call it that. If there is anyone out there with any helful hints, advice or a step by step guide I would love to hear it..........

SSMom

No comments:

Post a Comment